ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tricky conversion problem

2008-07-08 14:30:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tricky conversion problem
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:28:30 -0400
Martha,

If the tape is in a stgpool on the target server, that's a GOOD thing.  With
the later versio TSM servers, a server-to server export can be done directly
in 1 step.  The exported data lands in whatever pool is specified by the
appropriate mgmt class/copy group on the target server, and you're done,
you don't have to do the import step.

On the target server, do a q filespace - the data for your exported client
should be where it belongs.  Test a restore to be sure (if you have a client
it can be restored to!)

Wanda

er export, the data lands in the pool according