ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VSS crashing W2K3?

2008-05-07 10:57:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VSS crashing W2K3?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:55:54 -0400
Hi Matthew,

If it doesn't appear in VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS.. then it won't
have a writer and it shouldn't be causing the problem.
If this is an LVSA problem, you should call IBM support.
You may want to uninstall the LVSA driver..and try the backup as well.

But... if this is a production system, you really should
proceed with the diagnosis under the guidance of
an IBM Service professional... (I am a developer, so all bets are off)

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/07/2008
08:22:09 AM: