ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VSS crashing W2K3?

2008-05-07 07:52:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VSS crashing W2K3?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 07:51:45 -0400
Matthew,

Do you know if HP Openview ServiceCenter has a VSS writer?
Could its writer be causing a crash after getting signalled by VSS?

As a first diagnostic step, I would shutdown HP Openview ServiceCenter
and retry the backup. The result of that step may tell you if you
need to contact HP (for Openview support) or IBM (for TSM support).
If the backup succeeds, you should contact HP, if it still fails,
you should contact IBM TSM Support.

If you are familiar with the "VSHADOW" tool, you can also try
creating a VSS snapshot of the volumes using VSHADOW to see
if it also crashes the machine.  VSHADOW will allow you to perform
very basic snapshots and remove TSM from the equation.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/07/2008
04:41:00 AM: