ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Retain All Existing TSM Backup / Archive Data for 10Yrs

2008-04-28 15:42:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Retain All Existing TSM Backup / Archive Data for 10Yrs
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:40:34 -0600
Wanda's comment: brilliant!  I've often advocated that saving stuff you
have not reasonable hope of actually being able to use is foolish. One
might as well send blank tapes to the vault and spare the read/write
head wear and tear from sending tape into a drive.

I've also gotta think that there are an equal number of folks in the
organization that DON'T want to see stuff hang around for 10 years.
Find some of those folks and get some help heading this bad idea off at
the pass.

Kelly Lipp
CTO
STORServer, Inc.