ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] LVSA - open file support dilemma

2008-02-27 11:07:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] LVSA - open file support dilemma
From: Nicholas Rodolfich <nrodolfich AT EJGH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:05:48 -0600
Hello All,

Thanks for your hep!!

We have a WIndows 2003 server running the 5.4.0.2 TSM client. The nightly
scheduled backups have been failing due to the following error.

ANS1378E: The snapshot operation failed. The SNAPSHOTCACHELocation does not
contain enough space for this snapshot operation.

The funny thing is that we are not using the LVSA on our clients. The admin
claims he did not configure the LVSA during installation by doing a "Custom"
install but there are directories on all of the volumes named
X:\tsmlvsacache. I have not been able to find any information regarding
enabling/disabling this "feature" in any configuration file, in fact
TSM.QuickFacts  states that this cannot be done.
I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the whole client but when I try to delete
one of the X:\tsmlvsacache directories on the f: volume Windows tells me that
the file is in use, even after the TSM service is stopped. There is no service
running for LVSA that I can find.   I can't see any directories where it is
installed.

I went to the TSM client gui and under Utilities *> Setup Wizard when I select
"Help me configure Online Image Support" the only option I have is to install
the LVSA. The option to remove the LVSA is greyed out implying that it is not
installed.

How can I disable/uninstall the LVSA

Gratefully,

        Confused

Nicholas Rodolfich
Network Administrator (AIX)
East Jefferson General Hospital
504-883-6955 (office)
228-223-1187 (mobile)
nrodolfich AT ejgh DOT org

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This message and any included attachments are from East
Jefferson General Hospital, and is intended only for the addressee(s), and may
include Protected Health (PHI) or other confidential information.  If you are
the intended recipient, you are obligated to maintain it in a secure and
confidential manner and re-disclosure without additional consent or as
permitted by law is prohibited.   If you are not the intended recipient, use of
this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please promptly
reply to the sender by email and delete this message from your computer. East
Jefferson General Hospital greatly appreciates your cooperation.