ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Status report on the forum <-> mailing list link

2008-01-22 23:19:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Status report on the forum <-> mailing list link
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:17:53 -0500
>I was an espeically voiciferous critic of the link, so I figured I'd
>chime in.  While I have had more than a few "Gee, that was a dumb
>question, look for source, Oh yeah from -there-" moments, I have to
>agree that the wave of drek I foretold absolutely did not happen.  So
>I'll sit the heck back down on this topic and mutter to myself. :)

I knew that would happen, and I appreciate all those who responded to
such questions, even if you gave them the RTFM answer. ;) I would say
I've seen a few of those questions on every list I'm on, regardless of
source.  "Hey, I've just installed this thing.  I couldn't afford
professional services or training, and can't be bothered to read the
manual or the FAQ.  How does it work?"

>Thanks for your efforts to keep the message stream clean.  Looks like
>it's working.

It requires one or two points and clicks per day, so it's not completely
onerous.  It was obvious from the response of one spam that I either do
that or disconnect the link. ;)