ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Status report on the forum <-> mailing list link

2008-01-22 22:11:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Status report on the forum <-> mailing list link
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:11:23 -0500
>> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:14:46 -0500, Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE
>> DOT COM> said:

> It's now been just over a year since I created the link between the
> Backup Central forums and this mailing list.  When I first started it,
> people asked me to keep a close eye on it and then see how things went
> after a year.  It's been a year, and here's what I have to report.

[...]

I was an espeically voiciferous critic of the link, so I figured I'd
chime in.  While I have had more than a few "Gee, that was a dumb
question, look for source, Oh yeah from -there-" moments, I have to
agree that the wave of drek I foretold absolutely did not happen.  So
I'll sit the heck back down on this topic and mutter to myself. :)

Thanks for your efforts to keep the message stream clean.  Looks like
it's working.

- Allen S. Rout