ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM and Mac OS X 10.5

2007-10-31 11:19:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM and Mac OS X 10.5
From: Bob Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:15:42 -0400
Cody, et al
  The forthcoming TSM client for Macintosh v5.5 is going to be the first
client to support Leopard.

  While the 5.4 client appears to work on Leopard, we've heard reports of
flaky behavior - not something we want to deal with - so we are advising
our users to wait for 5.5.

Cody Scott wrote:
Our standards folks are starting to look at application compatibility
with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, and I was asked if TSM runs on it.
Looking at IBM's system requirements page for the Mac, it only says
5.4.x run on 10.4.7 or higher.

Obviously, we can test TSM on Leopard internally, but I was curious
if anyone has heard or seen anything from IBM officially on 10.5
compatibility (or any testing anecdotes from other TSMers on this
listserv) .

Thanks.

--Cody
--
Robert (Bob) Talda                        Ph: 607-255-8280
Prog/Analyst, EZ-Backup Service           Fx: 607-255-8521