ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] backup disk/backup tape

2007-10-31 13:58:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] backup disk/backup tape
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:57:11 -0700
TSM Server AIX 5.3 TSM 5.3.3.0

This morning I had a situation where both the backup of disk and tape
failed and nothing was written to offsite volumes. The activity log
seems to indicate that tapes were not available but that doesn't seem to
be the case. I did rerun the script to kick these processes off and I am
not seeing the same phenomenon, things seem to be working. Needless to
say it is a little confusing since it is running now.

Has anyone else seen this?

ANR1216E BACKUP STGPOOL: Process 6694 terminated - storage

 media inaccessible.(SESSION: 474895, PROCESS: 6694)

ANR8833E MOUNT REQUEST: Volume T01163 in library 3584LIB

 is currently being checked in or checked out.(SESSION:

 474927, PROCESS: 6695)

ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume T01163 - mount

 failed.(SESSION: 474895, PROCESS: 6694)

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator