ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange log recovery

2007-10-10 07:17:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange log recovery
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:17:18 -0400
Steve,

All of the logs must be present. You can not have any missing logs.
When the Exchange server runs recovery, if it discovers that
any of the logs are missing, it will stop replaying the logs
at the point of the first missing log.
For example, let's say you have logs 100 - 845. Now, let's
assume that something happens to log 476... and it is lost.
When the Exchange Server gets to log 475... it will then
look for log 476. Since it is not there, the Exchange Server
will stop recovering at that point. All of the log updates in
logs 476 - 845 will NOT be replayed.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/10/2007
06:42:33 AM: