ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange log recovery

2007-10-10 06:43:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange log recovery
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 06:42:33 -0400
TSM server 5.2.7.1

Exchange 2003

TSM 5.3.4.0

TDP for Exchange 5.2.1.0

We currently use a daily-full, hourly-log backup strategy with our
Exchange stores.

Our Exchange servers have grown to the point that we aren't meeting the
full backup window.

While we research long-term solutions, one short-term option we are
kicking around is moving from a daily full to a weekly full, but we have
some questions about relying so heavily on the logs.

If we have a problem with a set of logs (bad tape, corrupted log, etc),
how will that affect recovery?  Will those particular logs just be
skipped, or would we only be able to recover up to the last good
incremental log?

Thanks,

Steve Schaub

Systems Engineer, Windows

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

423-535-6574 (desk)

423-785-7347 (mobile)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm