ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] deleted management class in database

2007-09-06 17:55:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] deleted management class in database
From: "Colwell, William F." <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:52:52 -0400
Keith,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'current nodes', but if they
backed up before you last changed management classes, and if there
are files that have never changed, then they are still in the active set
and will still have the surprising mgmtclass.

I am just finishing up a ppt for managers to try once again to
explain tsm and backup policy.  This exercise reminded me that
there is an important policy built in and there is nothing for
us to specify about it and therefore can be invisible, namely
that the active set is not managed.  I know it is invisible to
my managers for sure.

To check, try this select on one of the nodes,

select ll_name, state, backup_date, deactivate_name, class_name
 from backups
  where node_name = 'THE_NODE_NAME'

I expect you will see files in the active state with no deactivate date
and the mystery class.

Bill Colwell
Draper lab