ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving from Generictape device class to LTO device class

2007-09-06 18:09:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving from Generictape device class to LTO device class
From: Ibán Bernaldo de Quirós Márquez <Iban.Bernaldodequiros AT SUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 00:06:05 +0200
Kelly,

I forget one last important thing. You will have to create a new library containing the devclass and the new pools. If you have similar device class(devices) in a library TSM will not detect which device class has to use. This not happen when media is very different for example STK9840 and LTO1,2,3 or 4.

Update copygroups with new pools.

Then like I said on my previous mail set the nextstgpool parameter of the old stgpools with the name of the new ones.

Then you should choose to wait to expire old data and maintain old configuration, or accelerate the process with planned migrations or move datas.

Hope this helps !!

Regards,
Ibán.

Kelly Lipp wrote:
Iban,

We were using the IBM driver but the generictape in TSM. Yes, they are IBM LTO4 drives.

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive