ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Getting more info: objects excluded by size

2007-08-10 07:11:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Getting more info: objects excluded by size
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:09:01 -0400
On Aug 9, 2007, at 11:01 AM, Roger Deschner wrote:

We occasionally see these messages in the server activity log:

ANR0521W Transaction failed for session 911741 for node JOHNDOE
(Mac) -
object excluded by size in storage pool STGPOOL and all successor
pools.
(SESSION: 911741)

...but that's all the information I get. ...

Roger -

I would recommend reporting this to TSM Support as a defect, in
failing to provide substantive information about the situation.  At
the very least, it should report the filespace, which the software
surely knows, and the identity of the object.  Some of the
programming in the product is very annoyingly deficient, needlessly so.

   Richard Sims