ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DMZ backup

2007-06-27 07:34:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] DMZ backup
From: Christian Svensson <christian.svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:33:34 +0200
Hi everyone,
I got a server in DMZ that I want to do a file level backup on (Linux SUsE
Enterprise 10 xSeries x86 box).
The TSM Server I got is a Windows 2k3 x86 box with TSM 5.4.0.3 and the Client
level is 5.4.1.0
I just wonder do I really need to open Port 1500 from DMZ to my TSM Server or
can I only open Port 1500 and 1501 for my TSM to my DMZ and let my TSM Server
pull the data from the client or let the Client push the data from the open
session that the TSM Server already made.

Or is the only way to get it to work is Open 1501 from TSM -> DMZ and Port 1500
from DMZ -> TSM?

Thanks for your help
Christian Svensson