ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to change the default idle timeout for dismounting volumes

2007-06-15 10:56:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to change the default idle timeout for dismounting volumes
From: "Barnes, Kenny" <Kenny.Barnes AT GMACINSURANCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:55:04 -0400
Upd devclass ? mountretention=?

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
William Kyndt
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 9:20 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hi,

We are currently running TSM version 5.3.2 and using a 3584 library.

We have a script that runs daily to eject our offsite volumes to the IO
Station, however at times it fails to run correctly because all drives
are busy. However when performing a q mount we can see that some of the
volumes are no longer been used and are sitting idle.

Does anyone know how to change the default idle time which appears to be
60 minutes before the volume is dismounted?

Many thanks.

William

The Miller Group Limited - Registered in Scotland - SC018135

Miller Homes Limited - Registered in Scotland - SC255429

Miller Construction (UK) Limited - Registered in Scotland - SC209666

Miller Developments Limited - Registered in Scotland - SC178108

2 Lochside View
Edinburgh Park
Edinburgh
EH12 9DH

Disclaimer:
The Information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. It may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately on +44 (0) 870 336 5060
and delete the message from your computer: you may not copy or forward
it, or use or disclose its contents to any other person.

We do not accept any liability or responsibility for: (1) changes made
to this email after it was sent, or (2) viruses transmitted through this
email or any attachment.
Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Thank you.