ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to change the default idle timeout for dismounting volumes

2007-06-15 09:47:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to change the default idle timeout for dismounting volumes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:46:05 -0400
On Jun 15, 2007, at 9:19 AM, William Kyndt wrote:

Hi,

We are currently running TSM version 5.3.2 and using a 3584 library.

We have a script that runs daily to eject our offsite volumes to
the IO Station, however at times it fails to run correctly because
all drives are busy. However when performing a q mount we can see
that some of the volumes are no longer been used and are sitting idle.

Does anyone know how to change the default idle time which appears
to be 60 minutes before the volume is dismounted?

You mean the MOUNTRetention value in the Devclass definition.