ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How does one completely uninstall TDP Domino 5.3.0.5 on Solaris 10?

2007-05-30 14:36:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] How does one completely uninstall TDP Domino 5.3.0.5 on Solaris 10?
From: Robert Clark <robert_clark AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:34:47 -0700
I've been working on setting up TDP for Domino on Solaris 10 (SPARC).

On our test box, domdsmc 5.3.0.0 dumps core reliably at the end of each run.

After installing the 5.3.0.5 ptf, I have a workaround that keeps the coredump
from recurring. (Comment out the "alias domdsmc=domdsmc_node" line in the
genereated profile file.)

In an effort to document the install process,  there was a need to wipe the
slate clean and re-install TDP 5.3.0.0 and 5.3.0.5. The problem is that even
after running the java unistall process, lines are left in prodreg which make
the installer think 5.3.0.5 is still installed.

I can re-install 5.3.0.0. But when I attempt to re-install 5.3.0.5 ptf, it
appears that no files are actually installed, and the version returned during
the TDP run still shows version 5.3.0.0

I looked for a documented process like cleaning up an aborted ISC install on
AIX, but there doesn't appear to be anything relevant out there for TDP on
Solaris. (There is no vpd.properties file on Solaris, things get registered in
"prodreg".)

Any help would be appreciated. (If Tivoli dumped ISMP, that'd be great too.)

[RC]