ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How does one completely uninstall TDP Domino 5.3.0.5 on Solaris 10?

2007-05-30 15:14:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How does one completely uninstall TDP Domino 5.3.0.5 on Solaris 10?
From: Eduardo Esteban <eesteban AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:16:24 -0700
Here is a document that describes similar issues with uninstall on Linux.
You may have to use pkgdel instead of rpm.
After you complete the install, don't forget to run the dominstall
program.

Eduardo

Fail to upgrade DP for Domino 5.3.0.x
 Before a new version of DP for Domino 5.3.0.x can be installed, the
current version must be uninstalled using the following uninstall command
   java -cp /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/_uninst/uninstall.jar run

Note: Uninstalling with the rpm command is not a substitute for this
uninstall command. Do not use the rpm command to manually uninstall the DP
for Domino unless performing the cleanup steps listed lower in this
document.

The following describes how to successfully complete the upgrade following
the two most common upgrade error cases.

Case 1:  Incorrectly uninstalling the existing version of DP for Domino
using rpm commands.
When rpm -e command is used to uninstall DP for Domino 5.3.0.x before
installing the new version, the installation of the newer version fails
with a message similar to the following:

Error installing the RPM package TDP-Domino.book.
error: Failed dependencies:
        TDP-Domino >= 5.3.0 is needed by TDP-Domino.book-5.3.0-2

To resolve the problem, perform the following two steps:
  I.  Run the uninstall program as follows:
java -cp /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/_uninst/uninstall.jar run

  II.  Re-install the new version of DP for Domino using the steps in the
README.

Case 2: The new version of DP for Domino is installed without uninstalling
the existing version.
When the  new version is installed without uninstalling the previous
version,
the install completes successfully, but the newer version is not
installed.

To resolve the problem, perform the following three steps:
  I.  Run the uninstall program as follows:
java -cp /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/_uninst/uninstall.jar run

 II.  This uninstall command may fail with messages similar to the
following:

Error uninstalling the RPM package TDP-Domino.book.
error: "TDP-Domino.book" specifies multiple packages

Error uninstalling the RPM package TDP-Domino.book.
error: "TDP-Domino.book" specifies multiple packages

Error uninstalling the RPM package TDP-Domino.
error: Failed dependencies:
TDP-Domino >= 5.3.0 is needed by (installed) TDP-Domino.book-5.3.0-0
TDP-Domino >= 5.3.0 is needed by (installed) TDP-Domino.book-5.3.0-2

Run "rpm -qa | grep -i domino" to list the remnant DP for Domino rpm
packages installed, followed by "rpm -e <TDP-package-name>" to forcefully
remove each of these remaining DP for Domino rpm packages.

For example:
rpm -e TDP-Domino.book-5.3.0-2
rpm -e TDP-Domino.book-5.3.0-0
rpm -e TDP-Domino-5.3.0-0

III.  Re-install the new version of DP for Domino using the steps in the
README.

Eduardo

Robert Clark <robert_clark AT MAC DOT COM>
05/30/2007 11:34 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
How does one completely uninstall TDP Domino 5.3.0.5 on Solaris 10?

I've been working on setting up TDP for Domino on Solaris 10 (SPARC).

On our test box, domdsmc 5.3.0.0 dumps core reliably at the end of each
run.

After installing the 5.3.0.5 ptf, I have a workaround that keeps the
coredump from recurring. (Comment out the "alias domdsmc=domdsmc_node"
line in the genereated profile file.)

In an effort to document the install process,  there was a need to wipe
the slate clean and re-install TDP 5.3.0.0 and 5.3.0.5. The problem is
that even after running the java unistall process, lines are left in
prodreg which make the installer think 5.3.0.5 is still installed.

I can re-install 5.3.0.0. But when I attempt to re-install 5.3.0.5 ptf, it
appears that no files are actually installed, and the version returned
during the TDP run still shows version 5.3.0.0

I looked for a documented process like cleaning up an aborted ISC install
on AIX, but there doesn't appear to be anything relevant out there for TDP
on Solaris. (There is no vpd.properties file on Solaris, things get
registered in "prodreg".)

Any help would be appreciated. (If Tivoli dumped ISMP, that'd be great
too.)

[RC]