ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tape checkin

2007-05-23 10:32:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tape checkin
From: Chris McKay <Chris.McKay AT YCDSB DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:26:08 -0400
Hi all,

We were told to use the following command to check-in tapes brought back
from the vault: 'checkin libvol 3584lib search=bulk checklabel=yes
status=scratch waittime=0

I have also checked in tapes using the checklabel=barcode option (usually
only when checking in brand new tapes), which bypasses the drives. I was
thinking this would be a much better option to use all of the time, as it
is much faster and would cause less wear and tear on the tape drives
themselves. Does anyone have any pros and cons of the two different
options, and what would you recommend.

Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris