ADSM-L

Re: Here is some very negative press about TSM

2007-02-08 17:38:59
Subject: Re: Here is some very negative press about TSM
From: John Monahan <John.Monahan AT US.LOGICALIS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 16:35:37 -0600
Like Mark, I didn't see it as that bad, but it wasn't flattering either. I
do love the use of anonymous "industry experts" who are familiar with TSM
though.  One wonders what company they worked for.

On the bright side, it appears the reporter couldn't find anyone critical
to go on the record, thus the reliance on an anonymous "expert".  Perhaps
that fact speaks louder than the intended message of the article.

***Please note new address, phone number, and email below***
______________________________
John Monahan
Consultant
Logicalis
5500 Wayzata Blvd Suite 315
Golden Valley, MN 55416
Office: 763-417-0552 x109
Cell: 952-221-6938
Fax:  763-417-0554
John.Monahan AT us.logicalis DOT com
http://www.us.logicalis.com

Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
02/08/2007 01:15 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Here is some very negative press about TSM

Folks,

http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid5_gci124
1036,00.html?track=sy60

Interesting.  I would suggest a flood of email to her suggesting she is
full of baloney.

We questioned our folks at IBM about this and did get a response.  They
were very disappointed by the tone of this article but not surprised.
Apparently this reporter is not a good friend.  Duh.  For IBM to
respond, however, would have provided more traction to the story and
nobody needed that.

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.