ADSM-L

Re: Here is some very negative press about TSM

2007-02-08 15:01:36
Subject: Re: Here is some very negative press about TSM
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:59:04 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager on behalf of Kelly Lipp
http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid5_gci124
1036,00.html?track=sy60

Interesting.  I would suggest a flood of email to her suggesting she is
full of baloney.

Hooboy! I don't see that much negative quality to the article. She quotes an
anonymous user (coward!) who bitched about slow restores. Obviously he's never
heard of group collocation and proactive, regular use of MOVE NODEDATA, but it
wasn't the reporter making the comment.

I didn't see that much negative content.

(Granted, the "lipstick on a pig" crack was a little gratuitous (and the
conclusion made that led to the comment showed a fair bit of technical and
business process ignorance). Remember that everyone is entitled to their
opinions--no matter how stupid they are.)

Besides, anyone who bitches mightily about TSM is more than welcome to use
another application. If they do, in the words of a wise old sales rep, "They'll
be back in a year or so."

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior consultant