ADSM-L

Adding new reports to TSMOR

2007-01-17 16:02:03
Subject: Adding new reports to TSMOR
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:06:57 +1000
Hi all,

I've tried looking for detailed info on TSMOR but haven't been able to
find anything.  Google, redbooks, quickfacts have nothing  Very
frustrating.
I'm trying to add a new report to TSMOR reporting.  I've worked out the
sql that I want and run it with reasonable success.

The problem I'm having is how to get TSMOR to substitute in the start
and end times.
for example, one of the standard reports runs
select domain_name, schedule_name, node_name,
  substr(char(scheduled_start), 1, 16) as "SCHEDULED_START",
  substr(char(actual_start), 1, 16) as "ACTUAL_START",
  status, result
from events
where (scheduled_start between '2007-01-16 14:50:29'
  and '2007-01-17 14:50:28') and LENGTH(domain_name) IS NOT NULL order
by scheduled_start,status,result

The "scheduled_start between" clause  is inserted by TSMOR when the
report is generated.

Does anyone know how to do this for my own SQL?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin