ADSM-L

Re: Compatiblity between LTO IBM and TSM drivers

2006-12-12 15:29:57
Subject: Re: Compatiblity between LTO IBM and TSM drivers
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:28:57 -0700
John,

For IBM drives you do not use the TSM drivers, but rather the base IBM
drivers you allude to.  So continue to use those.  This is true for any
manufacturer's library that has IBM drives in it.  Another very
important point is to make sure and use the install.exe within the IBM
driver package to install these drivers (on Windows platforms) or you
will have no end of grief.

Thanks,

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO