ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle on AIX...configuration

2006-10-20 14:12:53
Subject: TDP for Oracle on AIX...configuration
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:11:34 -0400
Hi, We are trying to set up the TDP for ORACLE to replace SQL_BACKTRACK.

The config chapter says set the password using:

tdpoconf password -TDPO_OPTFILE=/home/oracle/ts

results:

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:
Data Protection for Oracle
Version 5, Release 3, Level 3.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2006. All rights reserved.

ANU2534E Option file error.
[dba2dbms] /home/oracle/tsm #

That refers me to check the tdpoerror.log

That file says: 10/20/06   14:04:22 ANS0282E Password file is not
available.

But that is the point of the command...to set the contents of the
password file.

Anyone run acrosss that?

contain information that is confidential, privileged, and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If this electronic message is from an
attorney or someone in the Legal Department, it may also contain confidential
attorney-client communications which may be privileged and protected from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the New York State
Thruway Authority immediately by either responding to this e-mail or calling
(518) 436-2700, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.