ADSM-L

insufficient space in subordinate storage pool

2006-10-23 10:24:20
Subject: insufficient space in subordinate storage pool
From: "Park, Rod" <rod.park AT TYSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:09:34 -0500
I have a tsm server at level 5.3.3.1. I have a disk pool that does
migrations to tapepool for any data 90 days or older. I have been
getting the following message:

10/23/06   08:34:27      ANR1025W Migration process 109294 terminated
for storage
                          pool NT_DISKPOOL - insufficient space in
subordinate
                          storage pool.(SESSION: 142746)

My tapepool looks like this:

tsm: TSMCORP3>q vol stg=tapepool

Volume Name                  Storage         Device         Estimated
Pct      Volume
                             Pool Name       Class Name      Capacity
Util      Status
------------------------     -----------     ----------     ---------
-----     --------
T03420                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
10.1     Filling
T08313                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
8.6     Filling
T08409                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
24.5     Filling
T08412                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
2.2     Filling
T08420                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
2.0     Filling
T08424                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
3.1     Filling
T08473                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
2.3     Filling
T08499                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
1.2     Filling
T08528                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
0.8     Filling
T08554                       TAPEPOOL        LTO            381,468.0
3.2     Filling

Tapepool is not set to collocate. If I set maxscr=15 then my migration
will continue and use the tapes listed above, it doesn't go out and grab
scratches and label them in the tapepool and use those. Question is, why
isn't the migration processes using the 10 tapes I have out there that
are "filling" before I update maxscr. I checked them and they are all
read-write.

solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee,
then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please
notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this
email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates
will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or
unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of
any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.