ADSM-L

Tivoli storage manager migration/backup

2006-10-19 11:24:38
Subject: Tivoli storage manager migration/backup
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:06:46 -0700
I'm setting up TSM to replace an existing backup setup. The existing

setup uses software based tape mirroring, and we'd like to continue
doing something similar.

I would rather avoid real tape mirroring, so I can do collocation on the
on-site pool, and no collocation on the off-site pool. Basically, I'd
like to ensure that data the enters our disk cache gets backed up to our
copy pool at least once before it gets migrated to our primary on-site
tape pool. Is there anyway to do this?

I'm running TSM on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server. I have a 5TB (soon to
be 10TB) disk cache, and back up anywhere from 500GB to several
terabytes daily, depending on how much churn the labs in my department
create.

-- K324, (206)-685-7354
-- University of Washington Medical Center