ADSM-L

win tsm client domain option

2006-10-13 16:14:45
Subject: win tsm client domain option
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:21:05 -0400
I don't have access to our windows servers, so I don't know what this
actually looks like,
but I'll relay what the win admin told me.

He is configuring a win tsm client (v5.3.3).  He used the gui config tool
to set the domain.
He says he told it to do all-local drives.  When he went to inspect the
dsm.opt file, he
foound the following . . .

  domain c:
  domain e:
  domain systemservices
  domain systemstate
  domain all-local

Yes . . .5 separate domain lines.  c: and e are the local drives.

I understand that the lines are additive, that is, this is the same as
   domain c: e: systemservices systemstate all-local

Question:  Is this correct - that it puts in specific drive letters but
also the all-local?

That seems redundant.  It also seem completely unneeded since the default
with
no domain clause is all-local which also does the system state stuff.

Does this seem correct?

thanks

rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.