ADSM-L

Re: Sending SNMP traps to NAGIOS

2006-10-04 12:34:30
Subject: Re: Sending SNMP traps to NAGIOS
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:33:20 -0400
Thomas,

I don't know anything about NAGIOS; is it a pretty standard SNMP trap
receiver, like Netview?
Do you load MIBS like Netview?  And is it already working?

It's pretty much impossible to configure TSM SNMP support from a Windows
TSM server using the manuals.
The problem is Windows; while it claims to support SNMP, that means it
will send SNMP traps to somewhere, but it doesn't support SNMP
FORWARDING, which is required.  There is an agent missing.

We have it working, sending traps to a Netview receiver.
If you want to try it, please email me directly, I will send you my
documentation.

But if you can't load the TSM MIB into NAGIOS, you aren't going to get
the messages formatted properly.
You would probably be better off using your LINUX box to run queries
against TSM, and send your own traps from there.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)