ADSM-L

Full Incremental Rotations

2006-08-29 08:01:07
Subject: Full Incremental Rotations
From: Adrian Compton <adrianc AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:41:37 +0200
Hi There,

I want to ensure I am implementing the best possible strategy for TSM
backups.
Has anyone implemented this successfully as described in the
Full-Incremental Rotations Using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager field guide
from IBM.

I am using a copy storage pool , and perform a full backup weekly, and
incrementals during the week. In addition I do an archive on the last
Sunday of each month. All AIX.
Would this constitute best practice.

Another side issue - Has anyone encountered recursive backing up of linked
directories in AIX. I have a directory called websm that seems to go into
an endless loop.
Any ideas how to rid of this error with out excluding the said directory.

Regards

Adrian Compton

Aspen Pharmacare Port Elizabeth
Tel: +27 (0) 41 407 2070
Fax: +27 (0) 41 453 7452
Cell: 082 320 4495
Email : adrianc AT aspenpharma DOT com   This email is solely for the named
addressee.   Any unauthorised use or interception of this email, or the
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon the contents of this email, by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the named
addressee please notify us immediately by way of a reply e-mail, and also
delete this email and any attached files.

Disclaimer:  You must scan this email and any attached files for viruses
and/or any other defects.  Pharmacare Limited accepts no liability for any
loss, damages or consequence, whether direct, indirect, consequential or
economic, however caused, and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may
result directly or indirectly from this communication or of any attached
files.