ADSM-L

Re: Full Incremental Rotations

2006-08-29 09:04:37
Subject: Re: Full Incremental Rotations
From: Adrian Compton <adrianc AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:03:38 +0200
Thanks Efim. I did not think to look there. I have included it in my opt
file and will look for the results this weekend in my ARCHIVE.

Thanks
Adrian Compton

Aspen Pharmacare Port Elizabeth
Tel: +27 (0) 41 407 2070
Fax: +27 (0) 41 453 7452
Cell: 082 320 4495
Email : adrianc AT aspenpharma DOT com   This email is solely for the named
addressee.   Any unauthorised use or interception of this email, or the
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon the contents of this email, by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the named
addressee please notify us immediately by way of a reply e-mail, and also
delete this email and any attached files.

Disclaimer:  You must scan this email and any attached files for viruses
and/or any other defects.  Pharmacare Limited accepts no liability for any
loss, damages or consequence, whether direct, indirect, consequential or
economic, however caused, and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may
result directly or indirectly from this communication or of any attached
files.

             Efim
             <eakkerman@RAMBLE
             R.RU>                                                      To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] Full Incremental
                                       Rotations

             29/08/06 14:42

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Abrian,
concernin WEBSM:

Problem DB growing rapidly when backup or archiving /usr. Operations
such as backup, archive and delete archive can fail with errors ANS3008E
; Too many symbolic links or ANS5023E Not enough memory Cause recursive
symlinks on circular linked directories of WEBSM product Solution A
deeper look into /usr shows a link called /usr/websm/html/en_US/wsmship/
that points to /usr/websm.
These files are from WEBSM product and the structure under /usr is
normal (more that 40 levels of subdirectories with wsmship symbolic
link). TSM follows the link and puts the operation in a loop and the
result is that TSM is inspecting more objects than exists and the
operation can abort due to many links or not enough memory. The solution
is to use archsymlinkasfile no in dsm.opt for archive operations and
exclude lines for backup operations. For example :
exclude /usr/websm/html/en_US/wsmship/*

Efim

* Adrian Compton <adrianc AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM> [Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:41:37
+0200]: