ADSM-L

Re: VMFS3 filespace......

2006-08-07 21:28:08
Subject: Re: VMFS3 filespace......
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:28:29 -0400
Get the documentation. It describes several different methods of backing up a
VM. Shutting down the VM, pausing the VM and using a
functioin "ADDREDO" which leaves the VM running and changed blocks are
written/saved to the redo file. At the end of the backup you
issue a COMMIT of the redo log into the VM. Here's some links.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q1=vmware&uid=swg21175860&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Then there's this Tivoli Field Guide - Using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for
Backup and Restore on the VMware ESX Console

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q1=vmware&uid=swg27005205&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Bill Boyer
"My problem was caused my a loose screw at the keyboard" - ??