ADSM-L

Re: ANS9999E ?

2006-04-11 11:10:06
Subject: Re: ANS9999E ?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:05:01 -0600
Neil,

When you perform your client upgrades, do you (a) make sure to stop all
instances of the client, including interactive instances and NT-style
services? And do you reboot if/when prompted (or when doing silent
installs)?

If any instances of the client are running and the system is not rebooted,
then some files -- including the message repository -- won't be
upgraded.until the reboot occurs.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/11/2006
07:32:30:

> Tim
>
> We're seeing this on more and more of our Windows clients following
> upgrades of the B/A client. For some reason the install is not replacing
> DSCENU.TXT in all cases. Check the date stamp on the file DSCENU.TXT in
the
> BACLIENT directory and if it doesn't match the binaries, that's probably
> your problem.
>
> DSCENU.TXT is the English (US) language message repository. I presume it
> will have another name if you're using a language other than ENU.
Starting