ADSM-L

Re: ANS9999E ?

2006-04-11 10:35:42
Subject: Re: ANS9999E ?
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:32:30 +0100
Tim

We're seeing this on more and more of our Windows clients following
upgrades of the B/A client. For some reason the install is not replacing
DSCENU.TXT in all cases. Check the date stamp on the file DSCENU.TXT in the
BACLIENT directory and if it doesn't match the binaries, that's probably
your problem.

DSCENU.TXT is the English (US) language message repository. I presume it
will have another name if you're using a language other than ENU. Starting
with one of the more recent clients, the client reports back the 'number of
subfile objects' at the end of a scheduled incremental and if your message
repository is out-of-date, then the error you describe will be reported
instead.

The solution is to repair the client installation (having first stopped any
client processes), or simply copy the file from a working client running
exactly the same version.

Regards
Neil Schofield
Yorkshire Water Services Ltd.

Find out how to protect your home from frost this winter at
www.yorkshirewater.com

YORKSHIRE WATER - WINNER OF THE UTILITY OF THE YEAR AWARD 2004 AND 2005

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682