ADSM-L

Restartable export node?

2006-03-21 15:01:49
Subject: Restartable export node?
From: Jason Lee <english AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:00:35 -0800
Hi,

I'm migrating a TSM instance from AIX to Linux. I have a node that
has a single filespace with about 5TB of data in it. Looking at the
performance I'm getting I'd guess that the export node is going to
take a week or two to complete - not good. And most likely I'll never
get it to finish.

So, is there anyway to restart a failed export node, or am I better
of trying to scrounge up 5T of disk and restoring the data and then
re-archiving it on the other end? Or, conversely, is there any way to
export something at a finer granularity than filespace?

If it makes a difference my TSM versions are...

AIX      :  5.1.6
Linux  :  5.3.1.6

Thanks for any help or advice.

Jason.