ADSM-L

Re: Restartable export node?

2006-03-21 15:08:56
Subject: Re: Restartable export node?
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:08:24 -0600
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/21/2006
02:00:35 PM:
> I'm migrating a TSM instance from AIX to Linux. I have a node that
> has a single filespace with about 5TB of data in it. Looking at the
> performance I'm getting I'd guess that the export node is going to
> take a week or two to complete - not good. And most likely I'll never
> get it to finish.
>
> So, is there anyway to restart a failed export node, or am I better
> of trying to scrounge up 5T of disk and restoring the data and then
> re-archiving it on the other end? Or, conversely, is there any way to
> export something at a finer granularity than filespace?

An export cannot be restarted, and there is no finer granularity available
than the filespace. You need to think about non-TSM ways to move the data
from one server to another.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
MR Backup and Recovery Management

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.