ADSM-L

Re: TSM Disk Volumes

2006-02-23 08:46:34
Subject: Re: TSM Disk Volumes
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:45:37 -0500
>Hmm.  When an admin deletes them? ;)

Hmmmm, I resemble that remark!

I had this happen once on a production Oracle database.

(I did a classic  "rm  *" in the wrong telnet session on my pc,  pounded
ctrl-c real fast, hung
onto my seat, looked around, and, found half of the db files gone.
Interestingly,
the db ran just fine for an hour while we prepared the restore/recovery!)

(lesson learned . . . .NEVER remove files without double/triple checking
which window/session I am using, what dir I'm in, and what I are removing.)

Rick

             "Allen S. Rout"
             <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: TSM Disk Volumes

             02/22/2006 05:12
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

>> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:28:30 -1000, Aaron Becar <ab032 AT BYUH DOT EDU> said:

> Just a quick question.  Has anyone every had TSM disk volumes just
> disappear on them?  For example if you do a listing of the files where
> the volumes should be there is nothing there?  Thanks!

Hmm.  When an admin deletes them? ;)

- Allen S. Rout

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.