ADSM-L

Re: logpin issue

2006-01-23 15:41:51
Subject: Re: logpin issue
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:40:58 -0500
Ashok -

Topic "Recovery Log pinning/pinned" in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/
ADSM.QuickFacts summarizes the issue and quotes IBM Technotes which
address remediation. The TSM Problem Determination Guide also has
notes on pinning/pinned.

   Richard Sims

On Jan 23, 2006, at 3:30 PM, Vats.Ashok wrote:

We are experiencing more and more logpin issue. we are running
db=160GB & log size=12GB. i t is not a particular client which will
hung up the sessions. It is at random ....we are on tsm 5.3.0.0 aix
5.3. ml 02
IS anybody out there experience similar issue ? What can be done to
can a hung session to avoid logpin issue.

Appreciate any input ...

Regards,
Ashok