ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 licensing error

2005-12-12 19:03:07
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 licensing error
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:03:01 +0100
Geert De Pecker wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Thanks for the mail. I indeed started dsmserv in the $DSMSERV_DIR
> directory.
> The error also show when running the "register license command":
>
> TSM:SERVER1>
> register license file=*.lic
> ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: REGISTER LICENSE
> file=*.lic
> ANR2852I Current license information:
> ANR9639W Unable to load Shared License File dsmreg.sl.
> ANR2032E REGISTER LICENSE: Command failed - internal server error
> detected.
> TSM:SERVER1>

what happens if you do something like:

reg lic file=/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/tsmbasic.lic

or whatever the path is to this one file? I never used wildcards while
registring licenses.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams