ADSM-L

AW: [ADSM-L] disk layout for db and log

2005-10-19 11:04:22
Subject: AW: [ADSM-L] disk layout for db and log
From: "Gloeer, Kirsten" <kirsten.gloeer AT IWR.FZK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:21:17 +0200
Hi,

within the performance guide it is recommended to use multiple db volumes (4 -
16) and multiple log volumes.
A TSM server database with 195 GB seems to be very large in order to reach high
performance rates.
Isn't it better to split the TSM server in two servers?

best regards,
Kirsten Glöer

Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH
Institut für Wissenschaftliches Rechnen (IWR)

Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1          Tel.:         +49 (0)7247-82-8616
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen        Fax:         +49 (0)7247-82-4972
Deutschland                                      e-mail:     Kirsten.Gloeer AT
iwr.fzk DOT de