ADSM-L

busy rootvg during restarts

2005-09-29 11:23:55
Subject: busy rootvg during restarts
From: "Wheelock, Michael D" <Michael.Wheelock AT INTEGRIS-HEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:23:09 -0500
Hi,

Every time I halt and restart my tsm server, the rootvg disk becomes
extraordinarily busy.  I have moved all of the database, and logs to
another location.  The only file that I know of that is still on rootvg
(besides the normal binaries and config files) is the volhist file.
Does TSM hammer that volhist file on startup?

Michael Wheelock

Integris Health

protection under state and federal law. This information is intended to be for
the use of the individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of
this information is prohibited and may be punishable by law. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by
electronic mail (reply).