ADSM-L

Re: Notes selective incremental management class

2005-09-27 01:18:43
Subject: Re: Notes selective incremental management class
From: Kurt Beyers <Kurt.Beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:18:17 +0200
Thanks for the answer but then how would you include the selective backups of
eg mail6/*.nsf to the mgmt class MGMT_SEL and the incremental backups of them
to MGMT_INCR instead of both type backups to DOMINO in your example?

I've found already the document that states that two different stanzas should
be created to bind the backups to another management class. I've followed the
setup on a test server and ran first a selective backup using the mgmt class
MGMT_SEL as default for the stanza server_NOTES_FULL. However when I ran
immediately afterwards the incremental backup with the mgmt class MGMT_INCR now
as default using the stanza server_Notes_INCR, it was again a full backup. Is
this because the first full backup was created on another TSM node name
(NOTES_FULL) and thus the incremental backup of the TSM node (NOTES_INCR) did
not have a full backup yet?

The dsm.opt of server_NOTES_FULL is:

COMMMethod        TCPip
TCPPort           1500
TCPServeraddress  TSMSERVER
TCPWindowsize     63
TCPBuffSize       32
NODename          server_notes_full
PASSWORDAccess    Generate

SCHEDMODE             Prompted
TCPCLIENTADDRESS Server_Notes
TCPCLIENTPORT         1502

COMPRESSIon       yes
COMPRESSAlways    NO

INCLUDE *  MGMT_Notes_FULL

and the dsm_incr.opt of server_NOTES_INCRis:

COMMMethod        TCPip
TCPPort           1500
TCPServeraddress  TSMSERVER
TCPWindowsize     63
TCPBuffSize       32
NODename          server_notes_incr
PASSWORDAccess    Generate

SCHEDMODE             Prompted
TCPCLIENTADDRESS SERVER_Notes
TCPCLIENTPORT         1502

COMPRESSIon       yes
COMPRESSAlways    NO

INCLUDE *  MGMT_Notes_Incr

I will have to take a look at the transaction log backups too since the
incremental backup would be almost a daily full backup based on the
modification time of the nsf files.

best regards,
Kurt Beyers