ADSM-L

LAN Free backups

2005-09-16 11:31:17
Subject: LAN Free backups
From: William Sherrill <billsh AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:15:34 -0400
     I have been having problems with some lan free backups.  It is not
consistant, but for some of the TDP for R3 backups, the first part runs
fine but when it gets to the control files (this is where the backup stops
and starts again), the session go into an idle wait.  I have to cancel the
sessions on the tsm server to get the backup to reconnect and complete.  I
am having similar problems on the TDP for Oracle except that when you
cancel the session, it kills the backup.  I have then restarted the backup
and it runs fine.  Has anyone seen this and know of a fix?  It started when
we went from 5.1 something to 5.2.2 and then support has us upgrade and we
are at  5.2.4.3.  I am assuming that it is a time out thing or maybe drive
contention since it is not consistent.  Commtimeout and Idletimeout are at
600.

Thanks,
Bill Sherrill