ADSM-L

Re: TSM Operational Reporting and E-mail

2005-09-13 16:44:07
Subject: Re: TSM Operational Reporting and E-mail
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:42:02 -0700
Your firewall might have to be configured to allow outgoing traffic from
the Microsoft Management Console (mmc.exe) to the SMTP server.

Have you tried sending a test message to yourself via the MMC operational
reporting email configuration tool?

Also have a look at IBM article 1197619. It might help.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-09-13
10:54:12:

> hmmmm that could be the oneeeee.......................
> what should i be opening up in firewall??? SMTP port 25??.... but why
would my
> Outlook go through using "Exchange server"?
>
> Regards..
> Sandra
>
> Andrew Raibeck wrote:
>
> > Sandra, could there be a firewall issue at work?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > Andy Raibeck
> > IBM Software Group
> > Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development
> > Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
> > Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
> >
> > The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
> > The command line is your friend.
> > "Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.
> >
> > "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-09-13
> > 10:47:57:
> >
> > > Dear Richard,
> > > i can reach my exchange server using MS Outlook and all the
> > > connection things like
> > > Ping by name and IP from this server, its just this TOR that can't
> > > find SMTP Server.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Sandra

> > etc.)