ADSM-L

TSM Operational Reporting and E-mail

2005-09-13 13:25:14
Subject: TSM Operational Reporting and E-mail
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:29:00 +0500
Dear All,
I am running TSM 5.2.3 with maintenance applied till 5.2.6 on Windows 2003
server.

Operational reporting is working fine except that it can't find my SMTP server.
I can't find any logs where i can track down the problem.

I have previously configured this on Win2000 machine it worked fine.. now in my
new company i  have it on Win2003. I have tried to give both IP and fully
qualified domain name in SMTP address of my SMTP Server. Its actually exchange
2000 with SP3.

I can't re-install operational reporting since it will have to be installed on
other machine.

Please enlighten me.... what is it that i m missing and whree can I find logs of
this connection failure.

Regards
Sandra