ADSM-L

Re: power loss with problems

2005-09-07 16:11:43
Subject: Re: power loss with problems
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:06:55 -0400
What kind of library?  If it uses atldd, did you reinstall that software?

>>> GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM 09/07/05 3:54 PM >>>
Over the weekend part of the computer room lost power, thanks for it being
the TSM server. I have lots of disk issues but at the moment I just want to
get the library connection working.

The TSM server was upgraded to AIX 5.2 and the Tivoli.tsm.devices.aix5.rte
installed and the old file removed. Unfortunately the library is showing
defined instead of Available and when I try to make it available I get the
following error. The files are there so I don't understand what is wrong.

Using SMIT

Command: running       stdout: yes           stderr: no

Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below.

Method error (/etc/methods/cfgatl):

        0514-038 Error loading kernel extension.

Viewing verbose output of CFGMGR

****************** stderr ***********

startatl: Unable to run /etc/methods/cfgatl

Method error (/etc/methods/startatl):

        0514-010 Error returned from odm_run_method.

startatl: Unable to run /etc/methods/cfgatl

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com