ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: Trouble when TSM-database reaches 100Gb?

2005-09-06 10:32:16
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Trouble when TSM-database reaches 100Gb?
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:20:52 -0400
Not only do I not run expirations, I have also made copies of each policy
set and changed all retention parameters to "NOLIMIT".  I made copies so
that I can easily return to normal when this situation is resolved.

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           TSM             |
|         |           <tsm AT PROFI-AG DOT DE|
|         |           >               |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM: |
|         |           Dist Stor       |
|         |           Manager"        |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           T.EDU>          |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           09/06/2005 02:17|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "ADSM: Dist  |
|         |           Stor Manager"   |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                |
  |cc:

  |        Antwort: Re: Trouble when TSM-database reaches 100Gb?
                                         |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

hello Robin,

you wrote, that you can not delete any file yet, so you suppress
expiration.

but,
when a file reaches the threshholds for versions exists or the other three
parameters in copygroups for backups (archives similar), it
is lost for restores immediately.

Expiration is not the key in this case!

with best regards
stefan savoric