ADSM-L

Help - TSM Logs deleted

2005-09-01 16:29:41
Subject: Help - TSM Logs deleted
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:29:07 -0500
I shut my TSM Server down in order to take a backup of it.
When bringing it back up I noted that the log files had been deleted (jr
sys admin)
I recreated the log files with dsmfmt and dsmserv format and am now
trying to get tsm to run again and it says no checkpoint information can
be found. The Database files are all there and intact and log mode was
not set to roll forward.
Has anyone experienced this and what is the likeliness that I will have
to restore my Database (backup DB) to get back up and running?
TSM Server version 5.3.1.1
OS AIX 5.1

immediately.

Thank you.