ADSM-L

Re: IBM 3583 upgrade to mult-path

2005-04-29 09:59:15
Subject: Re: IBM 3583 upgrade to mult-path
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:58:32 -0400
No, part of the upgrade is using a utility the CE has to download from an
internal IBM site. As a customer I don't have access to
it. A utility called DLCONVERT.EXE. This utility loaded the multi-path
firmware, converted from SCSI-ID to LUN mapping. Then just
re-cable to library like you would a regular multi-path library. We had to
reboot the 3583 and the pServer before the /dev/smc0 was
recognized. The first reboot after loading the code...be patient!

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??