ADSM-L

Re: IBM 3583 upgrade to mult-path

2005-04-29 09:53:02
Subject: Re: IBM 3583 upgrade to mult-path
From: Matt Zufelt <mzufelt AT SUU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:17:10 -0600
We've done this.  Essentially, yes it is just a matter of loading the firmware
and re-cabling the drives.  However, this is not something that you can do
yourself--at least we couldn't at the time we purchased the upgrade.  The price
of the upgrade included an IBM field engineer coming on site to perform the
upgrade.  Perhaps that's why it is so pricey?  Although I never confirmed it,
I'm guessing the requirement to have a field engineer come on-site was to
protect the integrity of the code.

Matt Zufelt